It’s worth switching from Google Chrome to Firefox >= 57!
First few addons are to block content from borderline morally bankrupt organizations which won’t let you opt out any other way. For spite.
- Multi-Account Containers: Avoid leaving social-network footprints all over the web (for example, you could use a Container tab for signing in to a social network, and use a different tab for visiting online news sites, knowing that your social identity is separate from tracking scripts on news sites)
- uBlock Origin: Block ads and scripts.
- Cookie AutoDelete: Make it a bit harder for the evil ad geniuses to track you.
- Decentraleyes: Protects you against tracking through “free”, centralized, content delivery. It prevents a lot of requests from reaching networks like Google Hosted Libraries, and serves local files to keep sites from breaking. Complements regular content blockers.
- Privacy Badger: Even more tracking protection.
- CanvasBlocker: Block another trick.
The fact that all these addons are needed to not get stalked by some unknown identity is getting a bit ridiculous.
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Google search link fix: Make it possible to copy the link of a Google search result without getting a bunch of gibberish.
- Pinboard+: Bookmarks for introverts. Check out Buku too.
- TamperMonkey: With Iridium for improving YouTube.
Firefox 57 also supports U2F authentication (one touch 2FA authentication). You
have to enable
about:config. You might have to
install a package such as