It’s worth switching from Google Chrome to Firefox 57!
First few addons are to block content from borderline morally bankrupt organizations which won’t let you opt out any other way. For spite.
- Multi-Account Containers: Avoid leaving social-network footprints all over the web (for example, you could use a Container tab for signing in to a social network, and use a different tab for visiting online news sites, knowing that your social identity is separate from tracking scripts on news sites)
- uBlock Origin: Block ads and scripts.
- Cookie AutoDelete: Make it a bit harder for the evil ad geniuses to track you.
- Decentraleyes: Protects you against tracking through “free”, centralized, content delivery. It prevents a lot of requests from reaching networks like Google Hosted Libraries, and serves local files to keep sites from breaking. Complements regular content blockers.
- Privacy Badger: Even more tracking protection.
- CanvasBlocker: Block another trick.
The fact that all these addons are needed to not get stalked by some unknown identity is getting a bit ridiculous.
- Google search link fix: Make it possible to copy the link of a Google search result without getting a bunch of gibberish.
- Pinboard: Bookmarks for introverts.
Firefox 57 also supports U2F authentication (one touch 2FA authentication).